Recipe: Filet Mignon with Dark Chocolate Red Wine Sauce
- 2 Filet Mignon steaks
- 1 tsp. Venice Olive Oil Rosemary Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp Robust EVOO
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Rub steaks with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper…set aside.
- Add the remaining tbsp of olive oil to the saucepan, then add the shallots and mushrooms, sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar and red wine, stir constantly until reduced by half, set aside.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer the pan to the pre-heated oven.
- Turn off the oven and let the steak finish for four minutes.
- Remove steak from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Plate with sauce and enjoy!