- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/ 2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- black pepper
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large heatproof bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water…add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir to combine and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Add the green onions, mint, parsley, cucumber and tomatoes…mix well.
- Add pepper to taste and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Whisk the yogurt, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil together in a small bowl until well blended…refrigerate.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut off the tops of the tomatoes, remove the seeds and flesh inside, leaving the shell intact.
- Spoon the tabbouleh into the tomato shell and generously drizzle the dressing over the top.
From “Garden Table: Celebrating Bare Feet Fresh Picked Tomatoes and Not Waiting Until Sunday Night to Grill,” by Mango Dragonfly