An easy and delicious Italian-style salsa…perfect for picnics and pre-concert snacks. Serve with pita chips or a thinly sliced baguette. Add some fresh mozzarella, sliced cheeses, grilled sausages, a bottle of wine and a beautiful sunset and the world is a wonderful place to be.
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped small
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 2-3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 3 tbsp. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand until the tomatoes have softened up, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and chop finely.
- Combine with the fresh tomatoes, olives, parsley, anchovies, garlic, capers rosemary, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl and toss until well mixed.
- Thinly slice a baguette, grab a bottle of wine and find a good spot to watch the sunset.
“Branch and Vine: Love and Deliciousness from the Olive Oil Store,” by Mango Dragonfly.