Recipe: Roasted Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes cut into 1” pieces
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously brush a piece of foil with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Trim both ends from the garlic heads.
- Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast in the oven until tender…about 40 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from skins and mash in small bowl.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add cream, butter olive oil, parmesan cheese, and roasted garlic and mash together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
From: “Warm Hearth: Comforting Love-filled Recipes for Family, Friends and Cozy Fireplace Afternoons,” by Mango Dragonfly