Immerse bamboo skewers in water and let them soak while the shrimp is in the fridge soaking up the delicious pesto.
Double thread the shrimp on the skewer through the head and tail…or use two skewers…one through the heads and one through the tails…this will keep the shrimp from spinning while you try to grill.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup your favorite pre-made pesto
- 3 tbsp Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, tails on
- Whisk the juice, zest, pepper, pesto and oil together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the shrimp and toss until well coated…cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your grill or broiler.
- Thread the shrimp onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- Grill or broil the shrimp until they turn pink…about 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium-large shrimp…2 minutes for jumbos.
From: “Salty Kisses: Love and Deliciousness Inspired by Sun, Sand, Flamingos and Orange Blossoms,” by Mango Dragonfly