Not such a trendy appetizer… bruschetta actually dates back to the 15th century!
- 2 tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 2 tbsp Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 French baguette, sliced in 1/2” rounds and lightly toasted
- 1 cup fig jam
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until softened, stirring occasionally…about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low…add the vinegar and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cream cheese and blue cheese in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the baguette rounds.
- Top with a spoonful of jam and then a spoonful of the onion mixture.
From: “Warm Hearth: Comforting Love-filled Recipes for Family, Friends and Cozy Fireplace Afternoons,” by Mango Dragonfly.