- 4 tbsp Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Basil Olive Oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb green beans, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut in ribbons
- 1 lb cherry or yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Whisk the vinegar, shallot, thyme and mustard together in small bowl until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate the dressing.
- Steam the baby potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes…allow to cool.
- Steam the green beans 5 minutes.
- Immediately rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine the greens, basil, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes and olives in large bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette as needed, toss and serve.
From “Garden Table: Celebrating Bare feet Fresh Picked Tomatoes and Not Waiting Until Sunday Night to Grill,” by Mango Dragonfly.