- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb Bing cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar and cook, stirring frequently until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic and cook until syrup thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cherries and cook until they are tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small cup until well blended.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the cherry mixture and cook until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- Divide the ice cream between four shallow bowls.
- Spoon the cherry mixture over the ice cream and serve.