Recipe: Chopped Pecan Chicken Salad with Wild Blueberry Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Venice Olive Oil Lemon Sea Salt
- black pepper
- 3 tbsp Wild Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let rest/cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the chicken into small cubes and add to a large bowl with the lettuce, pecans and red onions.
- Toss with 1/2 the vinaigrette until well coated.
- Top with the blue cheese and serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette on the side.