Recipe: Balsamic Caprese Burgers with Artichoke Pesto
- 1 8.5 oz can artichokes, drained and minced finely
- 1 8.4 oz jar Delizia Basil Pesto
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 3 tbsp Basil Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Venice Olive Oil Sea Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- 4 large hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 18-year-old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the artichoke and pesto to a small bowl and stir until well blended, set aside.
- Add the ground beef, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic to a large bowl and mix together.
- Form the meat into 4 patties. Use your thumb to make a gentle indentation in the center of each one.
- Prepare your grill to high heat.
- Transfer the hamburgers to the hot grill.
- Cover and grill for about 5 minutes, then flip and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Top each patty with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese. Continue to grill for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and loosely tent with foil.
- Brush the insides of the hamburger buns with the remaining olive oil and grill, oil side down for a moment or two.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the artichoke pesto on both sides of the hamburger bun.
- Layer on the hamburger, then lettuce and tomato.
- Drizzle the tomato with the balsamic vinegar then top with the bun lid.